Husband and I were at the Barnes and Noble this evening after dinner at Appleby’s with my brother and his wife!
B&N had a table filled with Nook readers, ready to go. It was fun to turn them on and play with them. A B&N rep came by and shared a couple of ‘nifty’ features:
- if you purchase an e-book from B&N for your Nook…you can “loan” the book to a Nook enabled friend for up to 2 weeks, no cost! During the 2 weeks, you will not have access to the book. It is just as if you loaned a literal book to them. But after 2 weeks, the Nook software whisks the book out of their Nook and sends it back to your Nook!
- You have a free 3G wi-fi network with which to add e-books to your Nook.
- You can “send” your Nook books to your computer and to your cellphone, thereby enabling you to read your book(s) on either of the 3 pieces of equipment: computer, cell phone, or Nook
- You do not have to sign up for a cell phone service to use your Nook downloadable features.
- You can upgrade your internal SD memory card to add more books, however, it hold 1500 books.
- There is a full color homepage strip under the reading part of the Nook. Your features, etc are in full color.