FO - my first successful socks!

I started and finished this sock during my trip to China…did most of the knitting on the airplane. I used my handdyed self-striping and Kristin’s excellent sock tutorial, found here http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm Now that I’m back in the U.S. and have so many other crafty things to do, I hope I manage to finish its partner before it gets neglected! :wink:

Lovely! You’re right…making the second sock is always the hardest part. Just get it on the needles right away!

The same thing happens with making wrist warmers. Anything that has a set of two is easy to set aside.

By the way, I love your yarn. You’re really good at making that! :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I like the stripes!

WooHoo! Looks great.

Nice job! I also started this sock class, unfortunately I was using metal DPNs and they just weren’t working! So Im getting some wooden ones this weekend, and starting again. I only hope mine turns out as nice as yours! :thumbsup:

I love the color.

And congrats on making the first sock! :thumbsup: :cheering:

:cheering: Way to go!

Looks fantastic!

sssSSSSSAAAAAAWWEEEEEEEETTTttttt :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the support and compliments! Socks are fun to knit…I just wish I had more time to knit lots and lots of them.

Carolina - I started the other sock right after I finished this one, but so far have neglected it for 5 days already. :frowning:

Tammy - make sure you show us your sock when you’re finished! I generally like bamboo needles more than metal ones, but for such small diameter DPN’s, I actually thought I might try metal ones next time, since I constantly felt like I was going to snap the toothpick-like bamboo needles in half.

Your sock looks great!! Looks like you did a wonderful job! I learned how to knit them the “Toe Up” way about two months ago. What I did was I bought two sets of double pointed needles. Then I actually began to knit BOTH socks. I took turns working on one then the other. That way I KNEW I would have two socks finished!!

I don’t do that anymore because since then I have knit 7 pair and I have NEVER just made one. So if that will help you out…I hope you give it a try. :XX: :XX:

Great job!!! :thumbsup:

goooood job! they fit perfectly :thumbsup:

:cheering: :thumbsup:

I totally had second sock syndrome, and this was only my very first pair of socks!! I pretty much neglected the 2nd sock the whole month and a half since I finished thed 1st one, and then knit furiously for 2 days…glad I’m finally done, and now I can cast on for more complicated socks…perhaps Jaywalkers :happydance:

They look great! :cheering:

:cheering: :cheering: YAY!!! Another hand knit sock is born!!!

Excellent - love the yarn colour way

thank u! i love the look of striped socks, but self-striping colorways are so tedious to dye… i have to get motivated and do it again :doh:

:smiley: Looking good :thumbsup: