FO: my first pair of socks

Today I finished my first pair of socks. They are made of 100% acrylic and knitted with a dutch pattern.

Wow! Great job! :cheering:

:inlove: :inlove:

I also love how red they are! :thumbsup: Is that a fairly accurate representation of the color?

Those are so pretty and bright! :thumbsup:

:cheering: :cheering: Excellent job on your socks…WTG :thumbsup:

Those are terrific socks! I sure hope you find some great wool-free sock yarn too!

Great job!

Hoi Lieke!! Nog een Nederlander, wat leuk :slight_smile:

Very nicely done socks! congratulations on those :thumbsup: Is that red yarn from Hans Textiel or Zeeman or something? I’m currently making socks with similar red yarn from there :slight_smile:

I had a look at the pattern and it actually took me some concentration to understand it. It seems I’ve been on this forum for so long that I’m much better at reading/understanding a pattern written in English as I am with one written in Dutch!

:cheering: :cheering:

Those look just gorgeous! Way to go!

Beautiful job!

Yes, that’s really accurate. They are really bright red.

Yes, the yarn is from Zeeman. I was knitting a scarf with it, but I bought 500 gram, so I figured I could easily miss 100 gram for my pair of socks. I’m really new to the english knitting terms, so I used a dutch pattern, but it took me a hard time too. I used the video’s on this website as a help, so I would understand the pattern.

I like those socks! The color is nice too!

good work–and I love your avatar! :slight_smile: