Fo: modified rainy day socks

i see a couple more people have been working on these also, so hopefully everyone is not bored of seeing these! i realllllllllly enjoyed working on these because i love socks and looooooove not boring socks. these had just enough pattern to keep me interested but it was easy to memorize. i am calling these “modified” because i chose not to do the picot-edge but rather to just do a simple 2x1 rib. i used debbie bliss baby cashmerino in poppy…i love this yarn. so soft and squishy. thanks for looking!

I love them! I’ve been wanting to make those socks, but have been intimidated by the picot edge. They look beautiful with the ribbing, too. Gorgeous color – don’t ya love cashmerino?

Those are gorgeous - I love the color and sheen of the yarn. Great job.

I love the colour. Great job

Love them!! Great job!

Those are soooo pretty!

Hi
I am so glad that i have seen your picture of these lovely socks…I pirnted off the pattern earlier and was wondering about the picot edge…I am going to do k1 p1 like you have.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Just beautiful ! :heart:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Good yarn choice, and beautiful knitting ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Stunning!!

They are VERY nice!!!

someday…

yeah, i tried doing the picot edge and i had a little bit of difficulty. it’s actually a k2 p1 ribbing that aligns with the lace pattern. just do a k1 p2 k2 p2 k1 repeat for the ribbing and it will align with the lace pattern.

Those are just GORGEOUS!!! :inlove: :cheering: I was thinking about maybe making those my first knitted sock project, because I think they’re just beautiful, but I too was going to omit the picot edge. I think it puts all of the focus on the pretty pattern that way. I just finished a project using Cashmerino for the first time, and I loved that yarn–maybe I’ll do my socks using it, too!

Very pretty! I think I prefer them without the picot edge!:cheering:

They are beautiful. The sheen and color of the yarn is gorgeous. I think the rib looks just as nice as the picot edge. :cheering:

:inlove: gorgeous! you did a great job!!! :inlove:

Your socks are great!!! I love this pattern and the yarn you chose is beautiful. It definately does the pattern justice. -Ve

:inlove: so pretty… I love that color…

The color you selected shows off the pattern so well! This is a pattern I’ve had my eye on for quite some time, but I’ve read so many things about sizing issues that I’ve been a bit leery. Your success is encouraging.

Wonderful job!