FO: Mir Ist Kalt (Flax Sweater)

After nearly a year of knitting, I’ve finally finished this sweater. I even have it on right now in 93F weather. This is a Flax Sweater made with Knit Picks - Wool of the Andes yarn in the Winter Night colorway. I started knitting on 25 August 2017 and I just finished today, 1 July 2018 at 11:00 AM

I loved knitting this sweater and look forward to making other sweaters in the future. Most pressing in my mind right now is Camp NaNoWriMo. :rofl::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

Wowee, worth the time. The sweater looks lovely on you and the color is perfect.

Thank you!

Wow! :open_mouth: Love that sweater! It looks great, and the color is beautiful.

Thank you! Want to know a secret? I’ve been knitting this sweater for so long that I still jump up with the intention of knitting it now even though it is finished. I’ve got to get another project. :rofl:

Definitely another project. Your fingers are itching to get to work with those needles!

I’m going to pace myself. I’m going to crochet a Granny Square Blanket then do a baby Flax sweater.

Do you have more knitting projects in mind after the sweater? I sometimes feel like my fingers are experiencing itchiness to do more knitting after I do a knitting project, and one time I was burned out from knitting due to knitting many projects at one point last year. Have you ever experienced knitting burnout or not? If so, what was your solution to it?

fantastic job, and you look radiant in that dark royal blue. well done! :slight_smile:

Oh wow, my Ravelry queue is scary. :astonished: :scream:

The number one long-term project I have for this year is the Find Your Fade shawl. That will be my next big project after I finish the baby Flax. I don’t know how long it’ll take me though I do plan on being mostly monogamous with that knitting project. Emergency sock knitting doesn’t count as a detriment to my projects, so long as they’re languishing WIPs. I currently have four socks (two pairs) on two circular needles as a challenge for myself.

I have experienced burnout and when I get burned out from one thing, I do something else like writing, crocheting, etc and then come back to knitting. I have a Rigid Heddle loom I keep meaning to work with more. I hope to dust that off in a few weeks.

Relaxation is another option. However, for me, my mind really needs to be doing something.

Thank you!

Way to go!!

I have a pretty long line of Ravelry patterns I would like to do at some point too.

I have also been working on dishcloths, including an extra large one that I have been neglecting in favor of scarves and regular size dishcloths. I did work some on it yesterday, however.

As for burnout, when I first had it, I took a break from knitting and did other things. Then I went back to it when I was not burned out anymore.

Good luck with the Find Your Fade shawl! :grinning:

That beautiful smile on your face says it all!! Lovely sweater and you should be proud that you stayed with it and finished it.:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Wow! That is one gorgeous sweater! And it looks beautiful on you specially with that bright smile :heart_eyes:

I agree - you finished the lovely sweater (I, too, love the color) and of course you should show it off.

Keep knitting.

@poetknitter @Sknitter56 @Nida and @MumandMimi

Thank you all so much for your kind words. You’re all awesome! :smiley:

Congratulations, it looks good on you and you give me hope

What was it like to knit with Flax? Did you have any problems with the yarn and Were you able to keep the tension.

Thank you! Best wishes with your own sweater.

The name of the sweater pattern is the Flax Sweater. It isn’t made of actual flax. I used Knit Picks - Wool of the Andes, which is a Corriedale/Merino cross. As a result, I was able to keep the tension consistently. I call my own sweater Mir Ist Kalt as a play on the fact that, at the time I started it, it was really cold in my house due to everyone jockeying for the air conditioner controls.