FO: Light as Air

Featherweight Cardigan by Hannah Fettig knit in
Silky Alpaca Lace knit with #3 and #4 KP options

Love the finished project, but knitting the miles of stockinette and the 1x1 rib was tedious. I made the front band narrower and it works just fine. If I knit this again, I might put in some shaping like others have done.

Very pretty and well worth slogging through the ribbing and miles of stockinette. Well done!

Very nice! :thumbsup:

I read an article the other day…it was commenting on the tendency to use heavy yarns to knit a sweater! Even though they are appealing and quick…the article continued: “It’s been found that sweaters knit with lighter weight yarns are worn far more than the bulky sweaters. They are the sweaters that you will reach for the most.”

So I had to stop and think…

Anyway, I really love your cardigan! I know you will wear it often, and for many years!

Laceweight? :zombie: It’s beautiful though and I’ve toyed with the idea of using a lighter weight yarn. My bulky one is just too warm.

Wow, thats a beautiful FO. If looks great on you. :yay:

Thanks so much!
I love tiny little yarn… but it does take forever! I think I will make this again using fingering weight - should go a bit faster :cool: Might also put in some shaping and use a fancier neckband. Just thinking outloud.

Jan, there’s a lot of patterns that use laceweight and fingering yarns but are knit on size 6s and 8s, to make a drapey, floaty sweater that’s still warm.

Yeah, I’ll have to look into that sometime. I’ll probably get more use out of it. :thumbsup:

What a fabulous little cardi! And you wear it SO well, too! I’m sure you’ll get loads of compliments on your creation–and maybe that will make the miles and miles of ss and ribbing all worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing!

I love the colors and it’s beautiful.

It looks beautiful! Great job. :heart: :thumbsup:

So pretty!

Friggin’ Fastastic!! Love the color and what ever beach you are on!!:yay: