FO Infusion Sweater

I started this one before I was diagnosed with IBD but put it down for years. It was too intricate to knit without looking while at the dentist. After diagnosis I got a bidet and needed tiny towels slightly different than all the rough seed stitch wash cloths I have so it still sat in spite of constant Dr visits.
I picked it back up slightly before Drs decided my IBD was Crohn’s and I started getting 3 hour infusions every 8 weeks. I wasn’t to the arm join when I started infusions. About a year of that and it’s finally done.

Went up to size 9, the Simply Soft is extremely soft with that size and it’s not as hot as another cabled sweater I made. It also fits better since I had the other to go off and make adjustments.
Ready to start plotting an aran.

4 Likes

Wow, what a gorgeous sweater! Good for you getting it done!

Sorry to hear about your IBD/Crohns. I don’t have IBD, but I was in the hospital for a week last summer with an abdominal/bowel abscess. Fortunately IV antibiotics in hospital and at home got rid of it. I didn’t do any knitting while this was going on…I was too ill. However, I did make a hat “in my head” when I had to have an MRI several years ago and needed to be distracted so I wouldn’t freak out in the tube. I ended up making it for real when I got home. :wink:

Hope you find relief now for your health issues.

Very good-looking sweater and a handsome model. The color is lovely and the workmanship is beautiful. Bravo!

Yes, not an easy diagnosis or disease. I wish you well and hope that things improve with your treatment.

I have IBS and that’s miserable enough so Crohns must be hellish :frowning: Lovely jumper, I love the colour

Thnaks, Jan. I didn’t realize bowel abscesses were a thing for others except diverticulitis. Stupid bodies.
I love MRIs, “Are you claustrophobic?” “No I’m agoraphobic, I want to stay in the tube.” The agoraphobia (actually gut stuff but was told “all in your head” 29 years ago and my head took over) is why I started knitting.

Thanks, Salmonmac and Evie.

It may have been diverticulitis, but they were unsure. When it had shrunk enough to get a colonoscopy I didn’t have a lot of diverticula an no apparent other disease. So while it seems the likely cause no definite diagnosis of that. I never thought about how agoraphobia would figure in to an MRI! Interesting!

I’m not sure that’s the reason but it makes sense to my way of thinking. I’m not a fan of crowds and one wouldn’t fit in the tube.

2 Likes

Wow, that is fantastic knitting! The cables are perfect.

You have my empathy on your health troubles.

Thanks lunarbipolarity.

The sweater looks fantastic, Mike! The thing I hate about MRI’s is the noise! How could you think in there, Jan? Can’t even nap!

They are noisy, but I had to keep my eyes closed and just concentrated on my thoughts.

Thanks, pslane.
The noise reminded me of a giant old dial up modem. :smile: