FO - First Item - Hat

I used the pattern from the forum here.

It’s not great but for my first finished item, I’m pleased with myself!

Nice job! Do you knit the combined way? It’s kinda hard to tell from the picture, but the stitches look twisted - could just be my eyes tho.

Way to go! :cheering:

The seed stitch looks good in that hat. Is it stretchy enough to stay on well? Good job!

Whaddaya MEAN not great? It looks pretty GREAT to me!! :cheering:

If it fits your head and keeps you warm, it’s perfect! :smiley: Congrats on your first finished project. Now, what’s next?

Yeah, Vic!!! :happydance: :happydance: I think it’s awesome that you made something for yourself first!!! You should be very proud! The hat looks great and you will see problems that don’t even exist to the rest of us! We see a hat that is finished, fits and looks great! Keep up the great work!

Angela

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: WTG…MOST EXCELLENT JOB!! looks great, I like the look of the seed st border…looks perfect :thumbsup:

yay! :cheering:

I think the hat is beautiful and you look super in it too! :thumbsup:

Great hat! It looks tons better than my first one did. It’s hiding in the bottom of a drawer. I couldn’t bear to get rid of it, but I wasn’t about to give it away. I think you did a fantastic job! :happydance:

Thanks for all the great comments.

humblestumble
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:23 pm Post subject:
Nice job! Do you knit the combined way? It’s kinda hard to tell from the picture, but the stitches look twisted - could just be my eyes tho.

I have no idea to be honest!

The hat feels really snug, covers my ears and has stayed on today through quite gusty winds! I’ve had a few people ask me to make similar hats so I might have a go and improve on the first attempt!

:cheering: looks wonderful great job!! :thumbsup:

Great hat. :sunny: Don’t mess with perfection. :fingerwag:

:XX: :thumbsup:

what a great hat!
frames your face nicely :):):slight_smile:

1st project? seriously? would’ve never guessed. My first project was a very badly done garter stitch scarf that i ran out of yarn for half-way through, ripped the whole thing out and the ball is still sitting nicely in my drawer, waiting for my next odd-ball project. :teehee: I’ve been knitting for a little over a year and i’ve just started my first hat, same pattern :).

:cheering: Great job! keep it up!