Fo- First Booga Bag

The reason I say “first” Booga, is because I will definately be making more. This is my first felted project bigger than a cat toy, and I just love it. The only drawback (and it’s not a big drawback) is that if you look closely, you’ll see a little stitch definition. I probably should have run it through the wash another time, but chose not to, because It might have ended up smaller, and this bag is the perfect size for me.

I like it! The color is really pretty!

Thanks. I used some Plymouth Boku yarn (color 6) I had in my stash. I’m trying to knit primarily with stashed yarn until the end of the year.

It turned out beautiful! Don’t you just love felting? :slight_smile: Great job!

Turned out great! I love the Booga Bag … I have yet to make one for myself, but I have the pattern saved. You chose great colors, I’m sure you’ll get lots of use out of it!

Ooh, very pretty! I love the colors. This is one of my favorite patterns.

Very pretty indeed! Don’t you just love the booga bag!

Ooh - pretty! The colors remind me of a sunrise!

Pretty!

:thumbsup:[B] NICE! [/B] :thumbsup:

Love the colors together.

Me like! Love the color combo!

Very pretty indeed! Don’t you just love the booga bag!

Absolutely. I’ve already started a second one.

I love it… I would like to make one myself… I’m not an advance knitter…but interested in making any handbag for now…any suggestions…

Have A Great Day!!!

SweetOceanBlue2001

Oh wow! It looks WONDERFUL! I really do LOVE the colorway, too! I have one Booga that has a bit of stitch definition remaining, but since the bag is sturdy enough for ‘a bag’…I left it as is! If it had been a felted bowl, or clogs, I would have given it another go in the washer. But I think a Booga Bag with a little stitch definition is cool! Personality! Or shall I say “pursenality”!?

Great job! Thanks for sharing!

I actually like the fact that you can see some of the stitch still. It gives it a very unique feel, and more visual texture than if it didn’t have it. It’s kind of like you managed to “knit hazy.”

It’s beautiful JDee! I love the booga bag! I actually found that pattern somehow back before I even knew how to knit, and really wanted one…

which brings me to SweetOceanBlue’s comment - you could totally do the booga bag if you have even a little experience - it was my very first project that I did, and since it’s felted it hides little mistakes really well. I love mine, and still use it a lot. :happydance:

SweetOceanBlue, yes, you could definately do this bag. It’s very very easy.

Jdee,

Beautiful bag! I am partial to this pattern because I’ve made quite a few of these bags…given most of them away as gifts.

I wrote a “how-to” blog post last fall, if anyone is intimidated by the felting process.

Again, wonderful job! Love those colors!!!

Yes I agree it is a very easy knit,I finally finished the one I started for my mother in law , and I am ready to knit my next one,as soon as I remember what I did with the yarn for it.

Your’s looks great!

Yes I agree it is a very easy knit,I finally finished the one I started for my mother in law , and I am ready to knit my next one,as soon as I remember what I did with the yarn for it.

Your’s looks great!