FO: fingerless mittens/gloves

no, these aren’t those mittens that I didn’t do thumbs on yet :wink: but some fingerless mittens/gloves I made from this pattern! I LOVE THEM! And they’re for me! wwwweeeeeee!

They look great! Pretty yarn, too.

oh Carol those looks so snuggly and warm! I love them :inlove:

thanks Ingrid and FG - super easy pattern - that’s some of the yarn I got from that garage sale :wink: the yarn Ingrid was salivating over!

Glad to see it was put to good use! I see I still like it, too.

Now how about a ‘thumbs up’ for your poor cold-thumbed kiddies?

Oh those are cute! I had bookmarked that pattern, how did it work?

hehee, yeah I’ll get to them tomorrow ! :shock:

VERY pretty, Carol!!

they’re super easy - give 'em a whirl!

Oh, wow, those look great! I’m glad to see them since I’m in the middle of making that same pattern for my dd right now. I’m using a skein of red Wool-Ease I had on hand. It’s my first attempt at a mitten or fingerless mitten. I thought they’d be much harder. :smiley:

Nice job! I checkd out the pattern and the recommended yarn is $66 a skein!!!

http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=1075

Those are very cool, but I have to ask a question… why does one want glove w/o fingers?! :roflhard:

To knit. :smiley:

Oh…when your hands are cold I guess then. That makes sense. I don’t have that problem here. Indeed I’ve always lived here and have only seen it snow a couple times! :shock: :wink:

Oh…when your hands are cold I guess then. That makes sense. I don’t have that problem here. Indeed I’ve always lived here and have only seen it snow a couple times! :shock: ;)[/quote]

I guess you don’t need gloves or mittens too often! Grrrrrrrrrrrr! OK, deep breath. I won’t hold it against you. :rofling: Sometimes you want a glove for driving and such, but also want to have your fingers available. I like the idea of flip-top mittens, so you can have a choice to cover the fingers, or not.

thanks everyone!

and femmy! wooowzers!

I like them for driving and for going to the store - you don’t have to take them off at all and you can still pick up stuff at the grocery store (and your LYS), and sign a receipt (can you tell what I did today sporting them!?!) :wink:

I am planning on making myself a pair for the office - in the AM its normally around 55-60 degrees in there, and I work on a laptop all day, so they owuld be perfection!

:cheering: Great job we finally got cold and had snow so I could wear mine LOL… I like having my fingers free at the store, driving, and to knit annndddd to to help the kids with whatever they need at that time…

Very cute! Just in time for the cold Ohio weather.