FO - Easter basket and eggs

Finally done! I guess it still needs another egg, but it’s good enough to put out now. :cheering:

The basket was from the last issue of Creative Knitting.

After knitting

After felting…still drying

Voila!

That is so cute I almost can’t stand it. Great job!

Very cute!

That looks great!

:cheering: :cheering: WTG Jan!! that looks sooooooo good!

Wow Jan - that looks wonderful!! Great job!

Wowza! That looks majorly fabulous!

How cute! I love the improvised blocking contraption! LOL

What did you use for the novelty accent yarn?

:cheering: :cheering: I love it! The felting doesn’t ruin the accent yarn?!

I love it! The felting doesn’t ruin the accent yarn?!

It was Sirdar Tuscany and it’s machine washable. It was a PITA to work with and I probably wouldn’t do it again, but it came out okay on this. :wink:

Thank you all!

Way cool! So springy/Eastery. I wonder how much of a PITA it would be to do a Ukrainian-style egg? :thinking:

TOO, TOO CUTE…I love :heart: it!!!

That is sooo adorable, the accent yarn makes it.
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

beeeeeeeeeeeeeutiful!!! :slight_smile:

Oh my gosh, how totally adorable!!! :inlove:

:heart: :thumbsup: :heart: :thumbsup:

Way too cute!

Love the basket. When I see all the pictures of felted projects, it makes me sad that I’m alergic to wool & don’t get to do it.

Oh well, at least I get to live vicariously through y’all’s projects.

Thanks!

SO CUTE!! :cheering: :cheering:

I really like that you showed the progress from the knit FO to the felted FO. How neat!!

Okay…are you actually ALLERGIC to wool …as in you break out in hives or wheeze? I can’t wear it because it’s itchy, but I have no trouble knitting with it. My hands aren’t quite as sensitive. To be honest knitting with Red Heart cheap crap is harder on my hands than wool!! :roflhard:

Thanks!

What a great Easter project! Beautiful!

:verysad:

Yep. actually allergic. I can work with and wear yarns that are 20 - 30 % wool, but I wouldn’t want to go any higher. Have you ever seen a really bad poison oak/poison ivy reaction? That’s what happens to me. Also allergic to lanolin, makes my eyes swell shut.

:verysad:

I learned at a very young age that I had to read the ingredients on things like lotion, hair conditioner, lip balms, stuff like that.

Bummer!

I’m not allergic to silk though! Or chocolate, or coffee, or ice cream… It could be worse!