FO Double hat

I based this on Kelly’s White Sox hat, with the change of ribbing. I have to thank Mary for her tips on the transition. My son shaves his head, so I wanted a nice warm hat to match the scarf I’m making. This should do it.

Cute Ingrid!! Is double knitting hard??

This is as far from real double knitting as you can get. Real double knitting is when you knit both sides at once. For this, I just knit a hat using a provisional cast on. Then when that was done, I grabbed the stitches from the cast on and knit another hat in the other direction. They’re basically conjoined hats. :wink:

[size=1]cheater[/size] :wink:

:roflhard: Did I SAY it was double knitted? Hmmmm? Did I IMPLY that it was double knitted? What? Is that you saying, “Well, no, you didn’t.” ?

Darned right I didn’t! :roflhard:

Very very cute! :thumbsup:

haha

very cute Ingrid!

Very clever! That is so neat! My husband keeps what is left of his hair very short and this would be a neat thing for him! I’ll have to try this out!

I love your doubleknitting Ingrid!

I am going to make this one:
http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=6024

It is so beautiful! One of my nordic knitting friends, Bettina, has made it, have a look in her blog! http://vrangen.blogdrive.com/archive/147.html
She writes in english too, scroll down the page.

That is a great idea! I really like that it is reversible without the double knitting…I might need to try that.

She does beautiful work!! I’m very impressed. Do all Norwegians knit beautifully, or is it just you two? :smiley: Maybe the long winter has something to do with it. :thinking:

She does beautiful work!! I’m very impressed. Do all Norwegians knit beautifully, or is it just you two? :smiley: Maybe the long winter has something to do with it. :thinking:[/quote]

:lol: she is not Norwegian, she is from Denmark! :lol:

:doh: The photos of her knitting had all my attention. Universal language, there, I guess. :wink:

:roflhard: but in this part of the world we do knit a lot in the winter, there is not much else to do. Long dark days without snow…
We also learn to knit at school, when we are about lets say 11 years old… and most of our mothers and especially grandmothers knitted, because there was not much to buy.
My grandmother never bought clothes for my mother, all was homemade. And my mother did the same with me and my sister.
I knit things I like to knit, not because I have to…

That’s cool, Virtuella!

Neat idea, Ingrid, I’ve heard KellyK talk about doing this too…I like Double Knitting though :smiley:

I got the idea from Kelly. I don’t think I’ve ever tried ‘real’ double knitting.

:happydance: Looks wonderful great job!!

What yarn didja use, Ingy? It really looks GREAT! Should I write up a pattern for a FDK (fake double-knit) hat? :roflhard:

I used Plymouth Encore, same color as the scarf, different weight. I needed to use dk for the scarf so the design wouldn’t be too wide, but did the hat in worsted.

You should write up the pattern–double knitting scares a lot of people away.

very cool :sunglasses: hat…your son will love it…my nephew & son sometimes shave their heads & would love that and they are always wearing hats…nice job :thumbsup: