FO: Cozy

I finished Cozy Friday night and it just finished blocking this afternoon. Blocking made a HUGE difference. I was sure to strech it out so the lace pattern really shows now. I’m happy with it. It is a birthday gift for my boss.

Thanks to Ingrid for the blocking technique - towels on the carpet with some blocking pins worked perfectly!

Details
Pattern: Cozy from Knitty
Yarn: Adrienne Vittadini - Dianna in Citron that I bought from here. The pattern used 10.5 balls total.
Needles: Addi Turbo, US 8 24" circulars

The bottom picture shows the color the best. My bosses favorite designer is Adrienne Vittadini and since I can’t afford to buy anything from the designer I figured the yarn was the next best thing!!

Here’s the finished product:

Here is a close up of the lace pattern (color is washed out):

Here it is blocking:
[/i]

Wow! :inlove: That is really beautiful. Very impressive!

Just beautiful! :cheering:

Gorgeous I :heart: it

What a lot of time and effort must’ve gone into that.

The boss’ll adore it no doubt !

Beautiful!! :inlove:

How lucky is your boss!! It’s beautiful!

Thanks, ladies! I really like my boss so I wanted to spoil her!

:cheering: :cheering: I love, love, love it!!! :thumbsup:

Wow that is beautiful! With all that “lace” it would be hard for me to do. I’d be too worried I’d makea mistake! So pretty :slight_smile:

~danielle~

that is gorgeous!

i really want to make a Cozy but can’t seem to find the right yarn in my stash - i might have to check out the Adrienne V yarn!

[color=blue]WELL DONE!

Beautiful lace stitch.[/color]

Wow, that’s gogeous! Great job - the color is awesome, too. Man, you must have on amazing boss to warrant such a great gift. :wink:

How beautiful!

I love the color.

im so in awe! its beautiful. i keep zoning out and making mistakes in simple k2p2 (never will i rib stitch again while watching an action thriller with cuba gooding jr in it SEXXXY!!! i couldnt take my eyes off him).

it must take a huge effort and mental concentration to do that.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Great job! It’s beautiful!

Wow that is beautiful! Well done! Lovely lacework, I don’t think I could concentrate that much either! :cheering:

:blush: Thanks everyone!

I did struggle with the pattern at first - I almost gave up. I put life lines in every pattern repeat (8 rows) and only had to frog back once. The pattern is also worked over 6 stitches so I had stitch markers every 6 stitches. It seems like over kill, but it was my mental reminder to keep on task!

For a lace project this was great because it used a worsted weight yarn and bigger needles, so it was a nice introduction.

My boss is very great and has had a tough year at work, so I wanted to give her something very special.

It’s a lovely Cozy. I have been considering trying that pattern. How long did it take you?? I’m also glad to see you used a cotton blend, the pattern calls for silk and I have been considering a less expensive alternative. I’m glad to see it looked nice in a cotton blend as well. Thanks for sharing. Amy

Very Very Very Pretty !!! :cheering: Good Job !!! :cheering:

:inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove:
[size=1]Can I be your boss??[/size]