FO: Cascading Leaf Lace Shawl

It finally came off the blocking board and I got to wear it this morning!:cheering:

I pulled a lace pattern from a stitch book and just started casting on… (it is a pattern of 16 plus 1), with about a 27 row repeat, and when I finished, I decided to stitch the corners together to create a place for my arms… sort of a modified shrug. Done in Lion Brand Romance yarn on size 10.5.

Just thrilled to have something completed; my goal this is year is to finish what I start! (Which means I’m still working on things I started [I]last[/I] year!):teehee:

Wow! Very pretty! :yay:

It’s beautiful! It looks so soft. It’s lovely on you.

Wonderful shawl :slight_smile:

Thank you; it is VERY soft, and really cozy feeling. It sheds a little (the mohair in it), but I can get past that! :slight_smile:

That is such a gorgeous stitch pattern!! it looks wonderful!!

That is just lovely :slight_smile:

Wow! Great stitch pattern, came out great.

Oh, what a lovely shawl! That yarn is FABULOUS! It really looks good on you!

Oh, that’s really pretty! I like it as a kind of shrug. It hangs very well.

Gorgeous!!! It looks fantastic on you! Isn’t it wonderful to be able to wear something you’ve made? Seems like I give most of my stuff away and it’s such a treat when I’m actually working on something for ME!

Wow-fabulous. I hope my first work will look as good!
The pattern is gorgeous and as everyone has already commented-it looks super on you!:yay:

It’s absolutely lovely:inlove:!

Very pretty. Looks great as a shrug.

It is Very pretty! Love the modification and hope you’ll enjoy wearing it!

Ohhhh la la! Wonderful work! You look beautiful! This is a great shawl!

I’m envious! I really want to get into lace knitting after getting Jane Sowerby’s “Victorian Lace Today”. So far I’m chicken. What do you use as a blocking board?

:inlove: very pretty!

I just got VLT from the library to check it out to see if I like it. I do, and will probably buy it through knitpicks book sale.

Lovely!! I like your idea of adding “arms”. It looks very nice on you.