FO: Capucine

Pattern: Capucine
Yarn: Knitpicks Swish Bulky in Planetarian

I’ve been wanting a really warm hat with earflaps for long walks in the cold. I found this pattern free on Ravelry. It was really quick and easy – I knit it up in an afternoon and did the tassels the next day. It’s awesomely warm. The only change I made was to use size 10.5 needles to get gauge.

Very nice! It looks really warm and cozy … great work! :cheering:

Looks great on you!!!
I love the way you did your tassels.

Finally, an earflap hat that looks good on a woman!!! :thumbsup:

Slim, you look awesome, and I’m gonna knit one for meself this very day!

Cute!

I like it! Nice job!!

Very pretty and feminine!

Wonderful!!! :inlove: :muah: :cheering: :yay:

I agree!! So very cute !

Great job Slim! It turned out awesome!

What a great hat! I’ve been trying to find a pattern with earflaps for my 2 yr. old granddaughter. I think this pattern would be perfect! Her head measures 19 inches. Does anybody have an idea how to adjust the pattern to fit.

You could just go down on needle size and use worsted or DK yarn instead of bulky.

Thanks, Slim. I’ll try it with worsted and a size 8 needle. I love the large tassels on your hat. How do you make the tassel, and attach them to the hat? I’ve never done tassels.

That’s great! You always know the colors that look terrific on you :slight_smile:

I wrapped the yarn in loops (18, I think) around the TV remote control because it seemed about the right length. Removed the loops and cut one end to create multiple strands. I threaded a 12" length of yarn through the center fold to use in attaching them to the hat, then tied another 12" length of yarn around the bundle about 3/4" down from the fold. You could stop there, but I unraveled the individual plies to make the tassels fuller. I attached them to the hat by weaving in the long tails.

Really, though, it’s hard to go wrong with tassels. I’ve seen a lot of different designs and they’re all cute.

I love it!

Thanks for the directions on how to do the tassels. I love this hat, it looks great on you! :heart: I just saw Artlady’s hat she made like yours. It’s so fun! I’m going to make my granddaughter one, and going to use 3 different colors - one for ribbing, one for the garter stitch, and one for the stockinette stitch, and then do the tassels in all three colors combined.

Just LOVE it!