FO-Basic Chunky Sweater

I know some people aren’t very fond of chunky knits. but I’m telling ya, if you need a quick knit this is it! It took about 5 shours total including sewing up the sleeves/pits. It’s pretty boring, but I just wanted a nice comfy, baggy sweater for basic wear. And its soooooooo soft!

That’s nice! What yarn did you use? I think that makes all the difference.

[color=darkblue]It looks gorgeous to me. :slight_smile: Would you happen to have a close up shot???
Love it,
Susie[/color]

Kemp, it’s gorgeous! And it looks great on you!

You’re fast becoming my idol! :wink:

-hh

Here it is closer for you, Suze :slight_smile:

It is a no name yarn (100% wool) that I bought in Italy. I think as far as gauge it would be similar to Blue Sky Alpaca chunky or Rowan Biggy…but I don’t know how those would drape compared to this.

[color=darkblue]Thanks, great photos. I didn’t think I would ever like a chunky sweater but I sure love that one. :slight_smile:
Great job,
Susie[/color]

:blush: Thanks HH! I don’t know if I’ve ever been someone’s idol before :roflhard: :roflhard:

How is the DNA scarf coming? It looks like such a cool pattern.

I love big ol’ comfy sweaters, too. It’s beautiful!

I don’t have any immediate plans to be in Italy soon (read that EVER), but when I see beautiful yarn and don’t know what to make with it–I will definitely keep this in mind. I’d love to do a quick knit one of these days.

I can’t believe it’s done already! We saw only the sleeves and a little of the body yesterday. Whoa, Nelly!

It is GORGEOUS.

:XX:

I know, I can’t believe it either! It was so fast!

Oh its cute! What pattern did you use?

No pattern…just used a method (raglan???) I learned making “tempting” from knitty. I wasn’t going to write it up, but if you really want it I could. The basic idea is you knit in the round up to arm pit level, BO stitches at either side for the sleeves, then knit the sleeves and add them to the body where the BO’s are then knit all the way around to join and decrease a few times until you get to the top.

Cheryl…u need to write up the pattern! I love, love it…the colors are yummy…as i imagine most all things are in Italy :wink:

Yes…everything in Italy WAS YUMMY!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

YUMMY, Kempy!!

[size=2]Ive always wanted something Italian named Paolo…did ya bring hoem any of those??[/size] :eyebrow:

:roflhard: Oh Al. . . . .come look what Kelley wrote!!!

You have been simply cranking out some truly beautiful stuff lately. Efficient AND highly-skilled - it’s what we’re all dreaming of being! :thumbsup: :roflhard: And HOW many patterns have you designed?? I doubt i’m the only one who’s duly impressed!! :slight_smile:

It’s coming along VERY S-L-O-W-L-Y. With the semester ending i have mountains to grade and i have very little time to knit… Waaahhhh!!! :crying:

-hh

That sweater looks so soft and cozy!

You’re too sweet HH! It is very soft and cozy.

KK—Paolo wouldn’t fit in my suitcase :frowning:

I don’t know about the design stuff…I do make things up, but they are usually very simple…stuff anyone could do if they just wrote it down as they went.