FO: Another hat for another BIL

Hi again - knitting another hat for the other follicly challenged brother-in-law. His is being made from Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in a sagey green and ivory. This yarn is so soft, I love working with it. yummy. This is my first attempt at two-color knitting using a stranding method - I guess it’s stranding, I’m carrying both colors across the round. It’s been a lot of fun, and I can now knit ambidexterously. Party!

wow, that looks great! go you!!

“Party” indeed!

That is just gorgeous! :inlove: :inlove:

KK doin that dance where you move your arms in horizontal circles in front of your body
:happydance: GO FG! GO FG!! GO FG! :happydance:

Great job!!! It will be so warm. Your colors look perfect!!

I love that color! It’s a beautiful hat!

Thank you thank you thank you! I think Kev’s head will be very appreciative of the alpaca silk blend this winter. I am all about making hats right now, love them. I think it’s because they’re so quick. And they’ve been very good for me to work on during our 3-day LOTR marathon that we’ve been having this holiday :smiley:

oooh beautiful hat ! love it!

It so pretty. Wow!

Looks fabulous!

Are you using the stranding method where you carry one color in each hand? (throw one, pick the other)

Greate color combination!
Are you using a specific pattern? I really want to try some easier two-color knitting and yours seams to change color every stitch which might be easier(correct me if I’m wrong :wink: )

That looks great, FG!!! Please share your pattern!!

Julie - yes, I’m holding one color in each hand, which was so much fun that I felt weird when I finally dropped one of the colors.

As for pattern, I’m using the basic hat construction from The Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns, and I made up the color scheme. For this yarn, I had a gauge of 4 st/in, so I cast on 92 st on a size 8 16" circ. I did 2x2 ribbing for the bottom 1 and 1/2" or so and then switched to st st. I’m getting close to the decrease rounds. I really hope this doesn’t end up being too big, but so far it’s fitting.

:cheering: He will love it looks good :thumbsup:

FG –

That is a gorgeous color!!! Love the pattern, too! I think I’m gonna have to teach myself to throw so I can do that kind of color work – guess I’ll tackle that after socks, and cables, and lace … :rollseyes: …

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

YAY!!!

One more Christmas gift finished!!

Finished up the hat, weaved in the ends, feeling quite accomplished. Not the best picture. I have no idea what the sun looks like, so now my pictures are sucking due to reliance on flashes.

Perfection!!!

And that, coming from you Ingrid, is very high praise indeed! I thank you kindly takes deep bow

very cool, you can designs in multi color, hats off to you :thumbsup: