FO: Alison's Scarf

Yay!! Anothe FO!! Here is Alison’s Scarf by Annie Modesitt in Karaoke Mermaid (2 balls) (see pattern link in my signature, and when I remove that, it will remain in my blog here

I loved the i-cord cast-on for this scarf. Using it w/ the slip-stitch border & i-cord cast-off makes such a nice “frame” for the scarf. I’ll be using it again.

Ooooo that is pretty! Is the yarn soft?

Beautiful job, Julie! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Well, I expected the yarn to be soft, but I wrapped this around my bare neck last night after I finished it, and I found it to be ever so slightly itchy. I’ve washed it in Soak, and it’s drying right now. I’ll let you know what the softness factor is when it’s dry.

I will add that I washed my merino Moebius in this same stuff, and I’m a little disappointed in how it feels. I think I’ll go to the LYS later & see what they have that might up the softness.

Regardless – thanks for the kudos, Jan & Sara!!! :muah:

Ohh, is that ever pretty! Lovely, lovely. :slight_smile:

Oh my… look at the pretty colors!

:passedout:

It is beautiful, DM!

Lovely Scarf - Great Job! :cheering:

I looooove that Mermaid Mix. I reminds mind of an iridescent oil slick! I need to get my hands on some of that stuff!

Wow, that looks awesome! It looks like it was a very complicated pattern. Kudos to you!
:heart:

:inlove:

You’ve done a lovely job! It is a beautiful scarf and you should be very proud of yourself!

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Julie!

Don’t you just love Annie’s stuff?! She has the best ideas! And, she’s so nice! I use the slip st. edging on all my scarves, and other projects to prevent curling. Even though it’s available in a free pattern online, I emailed her to ask if she minded if I used it in a pattern and she said, “Honey, I don’t own the stitches, of course you can!” She’s too funny!

I think that’s my favorite Karaoke colorway, too :wink:

That’s beautiful! Makes me want some more Karaoke! :teehee: [size=1]badly[/size]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing :roflhard: :rofl:

:inlove: woooooow. just WOW!!! :inlove:

That is so pretty!!

:aww: You’re all so sweet!!!

The pattern really wasn’t all that complicate, to tell you the truth. The hardest part was trying to figure out what Ms. Modesitt meant – she tends to use some different abbreviations than I’m used to seeing. For example, on the i-cord bind off she says, “k2togLS.” Well, I had no idea what the “LS” was. Naturally, I found my answer here. :wink: It means “left slant,” and usually you see it writting as “k2tog tbl.” Other than that, there are just YOs, some matched decreases and a little bit of cabling. Oh, and the chart is only 8 rows. To use that old cliche, “If I can do it, you can do it!” :thumbsup:

I have 2 more skeins of that Mermaid colorway left … :thinking: … don’t know what I’m gonna do w/ it, but I’m thinking I might knit a Möbius w/ it to see what happens w/ the striping. I think I’d like to check out some of the other colorways, too. They have SUCH purty colors!!

Iam going to knit this scarf, and was wondering. The i-cord cast on, I was looking for information on it. Do you knit the icord the desired length, then pick up the required stitches along the edge of it?

Thanks
Laura C

I found the instructions!!!
Now I can start, Iam going to do it with Frog tree alpaca that I got from my knitting swap partner this summer :slight_smile:

Laura