FO: Ahoy, me Hearties!

Here is Pirate Charlie, made for my son’s birthday. Got the pattern from the great book, Dream Toys. I made a few basic modifications to the pattern, namely to knit as much of it as I could in the round. I used a latch hook to give him a head full of hair, and modified the hat so it wasn’t slouchy, but more fitted. And instead of a triangular shaped scarf for the little rat, I knitted a rectangular one and added a little fringe. The triangular scarf made the rat look like he was wearing a cape, and super-hero wasn’t the look I was going for. :teehee: I’m so pleased with how this Scallywag turned out, don’t you think his beard stubble is just adorable?
And best of all, I made this little guy completely from stash yarn, mostly Caron simply soft!

He is absolutely adorable !!! I love making toys and i have to say that he is a handsome fellow . Nice work :slight_smile:

Oh that is too cute!!

That is wonderful!!!

:woot: It looks wonderful!!

HaHaHa!! So cool and love the beard stubble! Great touch! The rat, of course, is just as cool! You did great! :cheering: :yay:

Great job!! Looks very nice :cheering:

Fantastic!

He looks wonderful

Looks great. Good job!

adorable!!!

that is reallly cute!!! I mean tough and scary :teehee: (my boys don’t appreciate “cute”, lol)

Great job, I want one too!

Aye! Ye captured the spirit of a pirate, ye did. Is the little 'lubber happy with the results?

Thanks everyone! Yes, my son loves the pirate, it was a surprise for him, so when he opened it he yelled, "Wow, just what I’ve always wanted!"
Jaxhil, I must be careful not to use words like cute and adorable with him-those are girly words only allowed to be spoken in reference to his sister :). So the pirate has been deemed a “dreaded” pirate-cute just wouldn’t cut it!

That little pirate is the sweetest oops I mean most dreaded pirate I ever saw!!! I LOVE HIM!

Adorable!!

Oh, snap, he even has a rat on his leg.:rofl: And stubble! Hahaha, you rock!