FO: 5 hour baby sweater

The invitation to Saturday’s baby shower never arrived- luckily one of the hostesses called. So I decided to see if this really was a 5 hour knit. The verdict - close. It took me about 6 hours. The bonnet was another 1 1/2. The crochet edging always is slow for me.
Stats: 5 hour baby sweater
Yarn: Cotton Ease, color is berry
Needles: #10 Options and DPNS
Mods - Knit the sleeves on DPNs instead of flat

Awww! That came out really cute !

so cool n beautiful

I love that pattern! can you tell me where you got the cute bonnet pattern? I would like to make that!

thanks! :hug:

Love it! What size baby will that sweater fit? Seems like I looked at that pattern and it said “one size.” But that doesn’t tell me WHAT size … :slight_smile:

Thank you all :aww:

The bonnet pattern is here.
Since I don’t have babies, I really had no idea where the size was. My neighbor said this looked to be about a 3 mth size. But the pattern says:
[B]Sizing[/B]: To fit 8-10 lb. newborn [finished chest size 20 1/4" (51.4 cm), finished length 11 1/4" (28.5 cm)
The chest measurement on mine is 20". HTH.

Adorable!

The latest Creative Knitting magazine has this pattern with hat and booties. I love this sweater pattern but had not seen the hat before. It is my favorite baby sweater to knit because it is completed so quickly! I just finished knitting one in Cascade 220 Superwash and it came out great. I also like using Lion Brand Cotton Ease.

What a cute little sweater. I often wondered about the time so thanks for your verdict on how long it actually took to knit up :slight_smile:

This is absolutely adorable! What great knitting, and color choice!!!

Oh, that’s adorable! Love the color. And I have a grandbaby on the way to make one for. Thanks for posting.

The sweater is too cute and the bonnet is gorgeous. Very pretty.

Oh, that is SO sweet! Nice to know it comes close in timing too :thumbsup:

Five hours??? :passedout:
very cute!

You did really well. I don’t think I’ve come that close to making time on one of those ___ hour things. It is a cute little sweater and will be a hit at any shower. Cute bonnet too.

Very, very sweet set! :slight_smile:

Aww…I absolutely love this!! Seriously thanks for posting this! I looked at your blog and you truly are talented!
Please post everything you make! I look foward to seeing more :O):grphug: