Flat Knitting, Circs and Inadvertant Joining

Is this just a matter of paying attention? 4 different times now, I have unintentionally joined instead of “knitting back and forth”. I notice it almost immediately - usually when I KNOW I’m supposed to be working on row two, but I suddenly realize I’m dealing with a never ending row… :??

As ever, forgive me and point me in the right direction if this has been repeatedly asked… :rollseyes:

I find it difficult to switch from circular knitting to flat knitting when I’ve been knitting rounds and rounds with my circular needles. I think it is just a matter of watching where you are, and knowing when to stop, turn, and go on to the next row. I don’t know how many times I’ve accidentally joined my work instead of turning :rollseyes: Just keep at it!

Put a marker on your next-to-last stitches. They will remind you and they won’t slip off.

LOL, I thought I was the only one that did that!! Not as often as I used to do it…but I still do it from time to time :roflhard:

I can’t tell you the sheer shock I experienced when I read this thread and discovered this wasn’t the first time someone did this! :shock: :roflhard:

Awesome.

Thanks for the suggestions. :heart: