Fix unravelling at edge?

Hello
I have just finished a small baby blanket and when weaving in the ends from the stripes, something went wrong and it has started unravelling at the edge (where it changes from one colour to another). As it’s in the middle and I have already cast off I really don’t want to have to redo it all if I don’t have to. Does anyone have any advice?

Welcome to KH!
Such a pain to discover something like this just when you think you’re almost finished. It looks like a lovely baby blanket too.

You should be able to use the tails of yarn to graft the two edges together. Here’s a couple of videos that may help.

This tutorial from Interweave has a tiny diagram that shows you the outline of where the sts are placed and how the strand connects them.

Thank you for the reply and suggestions! I will give them a try and report back :slight_smile:

1 Like

The grafting technique is exactly what I needed thank you! The fixed patch still looks a bit wonky but fortunately there are other wonky bits around the edge so it doesn’t stand out :joy:

2 Likes

You really fixed that very neatly. It’s a lovely blanket.

1 Like