First time using a pattern...... confused 😐

joining_yarn

I’m trying to understand the pattern… doing the front left of a babies cardigan , it has a raglan sleeve and I’ve got to the part where I need to shape the front neck. Pattern says “ Break yarn, then rejoin yarn to remaining 7 stitches “ totally confused, why do I need to break yarn then rejoin it gggrr ! Any help gratefully accepted :blush:

Welcome to KH!
It may be that you’ve worked one shoulder and now are about to work the other shoulder.
What is the name of your pattern?
You can post a row or two before the instruction to break yarn. We can’t post large portions of patterns due to copyrights but a row or so is OK.

Here are the instructions that I’m stuck on …

Any help re breaking the yarn then re joining please. It’s just a front of a babies cardigan - see photos. Thanks

The pattern is asking you to k2tog, k6 and then bind off the last 2sts. That leaves the yarn sitting at the end of the row so you would have to cut the yarn leaving a 6" tail to weave in later and then reattach to work the remaining 7sts but there’s a better way to do this.

K2tog, knit to the end of the row, turn and bind off 2 sts then continue with the instructions as written. You won’t have to break the yarn and reattach. One extra row on those 2sts won’t be noticeable and you won’t have the extra ends to weave in after cutting the yarn.

Love the color you’re using for this little sweater.

Thank you so much- that makes sense now :slight_smile: