First sweater

Hey so im very new to knitting and im having a bit of a hard time with reading this knitting patter. if someone would be willing to simplify these raglan shaping instructions i would be very greatful :
Shape raglan armholes
Cast off 5 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
85 (89: 93) sts.
Next row (dec) (RS): P2, (K1, P1) twice, K3tog, K to last 9 sts, K3tog tbl, (P1, K1) twice, P2.
Next row: K2, (P1, K1) twice, P to last
6 sts, (K1, P1) twice, K2.
These 2 rows set the sts and raglan armhole decreases.
Keeping sts correct and working all raglan decreases as now set, dec 2 sts at each end of 5th (3rd: next) and every foll 4th row to 29 sts.
Work 3 rows, ending with a WS row.
Cast off rem 29 sts.

Which size are you making???

Knitcindy

Is there any particular part of the pattern you don’t understand? When a pattern throws me a lot of different instructions at the same time that I can’t quite get my head around, I find it helpful to write out the pattern a row at a time. In your pattern that would be especially where it says ‘Keeping stitches correct………’.

Gillian

I’m making a size 3xl and the particular part of the pattern I’m having trouble with is the raglan shaping and I pasted that part of the pattern I don’t get in my original message! Thanks so much for even taking the time to answer! This seems to be such a great forum!
The greatest help would be if anyone could break it down row by row but in simpler terms!

Oops, sorry! I wonder did you manage to figure out what to do? In case you didn’t, I’ll try and spell it out in hopes that makes it easier.

First row of armhole shaping: Cast off 5 stitches, work to end of row.
Second row of armhole shaping: Cast off

Sorry, I somehow managed to click Reply without meaning too.
As I was saying-
Second row: Cast off 5 stitches, work to end of row.

Depending on what size you are knitting that should leave you with 85, 89 or 93 stitches.

Third row: With right side facing, Purl2, Knit1, Purl1, Knit1 Purl1, Knit 3 together, Knit until you have 9 stitches left on your needle, then Knit 2 together through the back of the loop, Purl1 Knit 1, Purl1, Knit1, Purl2

Fourth Row: Knit2, Purl1, Knit1, Purl1, Knit1, Purl until you have 6 stitches left on your needle, then Knit1, Purl1, Knit1, Purl1, Knit2.

This is all I have time for right now as it’s midnight here. I’ll come back to it as soon as I can. Maybe in the meantime you could let me know if you’ve been able to figure out the pattern or got help with it.

Gillian

Ok, before I go any further with this, were you able to get help with the instructions you posted and if not, what do you not understand about the instructions? If you can tell me that I should be better able to help you.

Gillian