First Shawl

Just in time for the end of October - I am about 2/3 finished with my first shawl. My mother, who was 89, had requested first dibs on it, but she died Monday, Oct 24, 2022, so it will instead become the shawl I remember her by.

ClaudiaFirst Shawl

3 Likes

I’m so sorry about your mother. :cry: Your shawl is lovely.

GrumpyGramma,
Thank you - as usual, knitting has been a huge sanity saver.

Claudia

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear about your mother. That’s a lovely shawl and a good way to remember her.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. Good for you to press on and finish this lovely shawl

1 Like

Oh Claudia I’m so sorry for your loss.

Knitting can be very meditative and calming, I’m pleased for you that you have a project to focus on and to remember your mum by. It will be like a loving hug when you wear it.

1 Like

It’s beautiful! May your mother’s memory forever be embedded in this shawl surrounded by her love for you.

1 Like

Salmonmac, KnittinGigi, Creations and Dee123.
Thank you for your lovely notes - it all helps. I honestly was not prepared for this loss, even though my mother was 89 and not in good health. Whatever I was expecting, this sense of a loss of security and anchoring was not it. Caring from people I have shared only written notes from from all over the place is simply heart-warming. Thank you, again.

3 Likes

So sorry that you have lost your mum. It doesn’t matter how old or infirm or expected or unexpected it is, the shock and sorrow is visceral in those that are closest. I too hope that your shawl will comfort you both physically and emotionally as you come to terms with your great sadness, with love and hugs xxx

1 Like

Looks great already, so sorry with what happened with your mum. :confused:

1 Like