First FO!

Hi! I’m sort of new, I’ve posted a couple of times to ask for some help because I’m a newbie knitter. I just finished my first project, and I’d like to think it turned out pretty well. There a few places on the scarf that are a little funky, but practice makes perfect!

I’m in awe of some of the things you experienced knitters make!

How pretty!! Is that touch of whimsy scarf?

Actually I got it from the knitty breast cancer awareness mini-issue found here - http://www.knitty.com/issuefall04/knittyF04surp.pdf

It does resemble that scarf though!

Great job! That’s very impressive for your first project too–lace and everything! Can’t wait to see what you make next. :slight_smile:

That is really pretty!

:passedout: Woooooow! How did u do that beeeautiful pattern? :shock:
I absolutely love it! :inlove:
I wonder how long it’s gonna be before I actually get to be able knit something that good :pout:

When I first looked at the pattern I was thinking “ummm yeah right I could never do that!”. I had only been knitting for a few weeks, but I decided to do it anyway because I just thought it was too cute, and anything in the pattern instructions that I didn’t know how to do I just looked up in the handy glossary here on knitting help. It was soo easy, I know you can do it!

that looks soo fun! definetly gonna have to add it to my to-knit list! :mrgreen:

Wow, you are brave. That is an ambitious first project and it turned out beautifully. I love the hearts. :heart:

When I first looked at the pattern I was thinking “ummm yeah right I could never do that!”. I had only been knitting for a few weeks, but I decided to do it anyway because I just thought it was too cute, and anything in the pattern instructions that I didn’t know how to do I just looked up in the handy glossary here on knitting help. It was soo easy, I know you can do it![/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement Jessica! :hug: I’ll maybe try that one day when I have my spare. :cheering:

I’d say that you are really a great knitter though, first time of knitting and ALREADY you can knit something that good! :slight_smile:

Beautiful scarf, I love the colour!

gorgeous scarf! and amazing first project! :cheering:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great job, Jess!!! You did it!!!

I think it’s beautiful! It looks to me like you bit off a lot for a first project, but clearly you were ready for it.

Way to go.

did you use lifelines? if so, where did you put them?

you did a great job! congratulations on your first project :cheering:

I didn’t use one. Actually, I didn’t know what a lifeline was until yesterday haha. I just did half of the scarf one day, put it on a stitch holder, did another half the next day, and used kitchener stitch to put the two together. I wanted to do that so it would be symmetrical (as was suggested in the pattern), so the hearts wouldn’t be upside down on one side, and right side up on another. I had trouble at first, ending up with extra stitches but with help from some of the nice people here I figured out what I was doing wrong and finished!

Thank you so much for your help! :hug:

Great job!! I want to make that scarf too :slight_smile:

:cheering:

What a terrific first project! I love hearts and I may just have to make one of those myself!