Finished: Child's Raglan Pullover

[FONT=Arial Narrow]Completed in 18 days to reach a KAL goal over at [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow]Stashalong[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Modeled by the recipient, my DD #1 (age 5)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]This is very loosely based on a pattern from the book [B][I]Children’s Sweaters and Hats: Knitting Seamless Raglans Top Down[/I][/B] by Mary Rich Goodwin[/FONT]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Yarn[/B]: [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=#660000]Plymouth Encore Worsted [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow]in Walnut (from Stash)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Yarn Amt[/B]: almost 600 yds (200 yds per ball) ; [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Needles[/B]: Knit Picks Option - US 8 (5mm) for body and sleeves, US 7(4.5mm) for ribbing on sleeve cuffs, US 9(5.5mm) for bind off on all edges[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Source[/B]: [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=#940f04]Great Balls of Yarn [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow]in South FL[/FONT]
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[CENTER]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Size[/B]: Child’s Size 6 - 28" Chest[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Modifications[/B]: 3x1 ribbing on the body to avoid too much pulling in below the waist; no Fair Isle as in the pattern; used the suggested short row yoke method to pull the back up slightly. Made the sleeve ribbing 3"; instead of 1"[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial Narrow]More details and photos [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow]on my blog[/FONT][/LEFT]

Very nice. She looks so happy. I’m going to have to learn this short-row yoke thingy you speak of.

Great job!!! :balloons: Your DD looks so happy!! :grin:

Beautiful sweater! I’m working on my first top down raglan now and hope it turns out half as nice!

Lovely sweater!

I love it!:heart:

Lovely sweater. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!! :slight_smile:

Hey Nikki

The pattern gives the option to add 4 short rows to the back and part of the sleeve sections of the sweater to raise this section up slightly. It definitely showed a difference in the fit on her, and looks to me like this is a great way to prevent the neckline from pulling outward to either side.

:muah:great sweater!! She looks adorable in it!!

It’s adorable!

Nice job. Happy kid + Happy mom = Happy world.

That looks fabulous! It looks like she likes it, too!

Very nice! she looks great in it too. You made it in a speedy time too:cheering:

Hey Marcie–that’s awesome, and your dd is darling! Was it very hard to knit? I’m trying a topdown raglan baby sweater, and I’m about 3/4 done, then I start the sleeves–which I’ve never done.:oo:

Hope you got a chance to go to FF this weekend!!:hug:

I love it!

you do beautiful work. the sweater isn’t half bad either. :wink:

Nice sweater Jamadian!!! Man, that last picture has soooo much energy! Kudos to the model and the photographer. :wink:

A classic style!
Very well done.