Finish tip of glove

I’ve forgotten the name of the method I like to use to finish off socks and gloves. I am left with 8 stitches and I know I purl and knit, slipping one of the pair off each time. Can you help me with the name of this?

(This is akin to looking up a word in the dictionary but not knowing how to spell it)

Thank you-in advance!

I think what you are referring to is the grafting or kitchener stitch as the method of closing socks, glove fingers, etc.