FINALLY FINISHED! Wavy Boxes Baby Afghan

It seemed like it was gonna take me forever to finish this easy to knit baby afghan…but I FINALLY finished! :smiley: I’m thinking about blocking it, but I’m not sure if I need to. Does it look like I need to?? It measures 33 1/2" x 38". I used Baby Coordinates fingering weight in lemon/aqua color yarn, and sz 10.5 cir needles. Well, I’m off to knitting another blanket for my cousin that’s having her 2nd baby. I just casted on today for the Big Bad Baby Blanket from SnB. :XX:

Very nice!!! :inlove:

Oooh, that’s beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove:

That’s awesome!

Beautiful!

So cute!

:cheering: :cheering:

Perfect!

Gorgeous :cheering: :cheering: I don’t think it needs blocking…looks fine as is to me :wink:

It looks fine to me and the pattern is gorgeous!

(if it’s machine wash and dryable that usually helps the wonkys of knitting I’ve been told)

What a beautiful blankie!

Very, very, pretty!!

Thank you all! It is machine washable, so I guess that should be ok with the blocking. Thanks for the tip!

cute! I love it!

Very nice! I’m glad you posted that. I’m about halfway through mine and I also used Baby Coordinates yarn (in aqua/pink though).

Quick question though…what exactly IS blocking and what’s it supposed to do?

Hi Sabrina–
Blocking is done after you’ve finished knitting your project. Check out this person’s thoughts on blocking: http://wendyco.com/thoughts/2006/01/blocking.php She explains it pretty well here. Hope this helps! Happy knitting!

Great job - it looks wonderful!

That looks great!

Thanks you guys for all the comments! :smiley: