Details: knit in the smallest size with the yarn and needle size the pattern calls for (Classic Elite Classic Silk, size 6 needles). The pattern is from Knitscene Spring 2006. I only changed the pattern when I added garter rows at the neckline in the back to better match the front.
The knitty gritty: I loved the yarn when it was wrapped in neat little balls. Knitting with it was ok but it’s not very sproingy so my ribbing isn’t as nice and neat as I’d like. Who cares though because the back, where it shows problems, is fine.
My only complaint: the single crochet along the neck line caused it to stretch. I have no idea how. It stretched so much that I couldn’t wear it at all because it completely flopped open in the front and back. I fixed it by inserting a bit of yarn behind the single crochet stitches then pulling it taut and then making sure it stayed firmly fastened on the right and left. It worked fine for a while but the one in the back has broken on me twice. I will have to replace it because it’s not wearable if it’s not pulled tight in the back as well as the front. I have no idea what I’ll replace it with though since the yarn isnt’ strong enough.
I was wrong to worry about this being too small because the opposite is certainly true!
EFIT: Fixed picture. I finally figured out the URL. Sorry about that!