Felted Scuff help

I do not understand these instructions at all. I am knitting a size 9 scuff and have gotten to the place highlighted in yellow (LOVE the knit companion app, BTW). It says “set marker for 25 stitches for all sizes”. Okay. But what does that mean and what comes after the 25 knit stitch rows for size 9/10, highlighted in blue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.image

1 Like

Work row 12 (highlighted in yellow) then knit rows 13-37 in blue (size 9/10).
“Set counter to 25” sounds like a row counter in the program then proceed with row 26, a decrease row.

2 Likes

Thank you. Such confusing instructions. I wasn’t sure what she was referring to…because it seems to apply to all sizes. So, basically, knit to row 37 then begin the decreases in row 38. Okay, many thanks to you, ALWAYS, for saving my bacon.

1 Like

That’s it. Call row 38 the new row 26 and you’re set to go.
Thanks for the recommendation of the knit companion app!

1 Like

YES! I just figured that out when I tried decreasing row 38 and had too many stitches on. AHA, I said, that is what she meant by set marker at row 25… I’m on it. :pray:t2: Short rows to follow. LOL. I’ve been practicing those with scrap yarn. :nerd_face:

Yay! It worked!

4 Likes

I’ll say. Wow, that’s an amazing transformation! Very good looking scuffs.

2 Likes

Wow! Are those 2 photos the same piece of work???!l!
I’m assuming they are but I can’t believe it!
That’s amazing!
:blush: :smiley: :blush: :smiley:

Well done. Wow!

2 Likes

Indeed they are one and the same. Great pattern, but it was blind faith knitting it. Working the second scuff now. If you’re interested, here is a Ravelry link to the pattern.

1 Like

Thank you for the link.
I am interested, I think they’re great but I think I’ll look for a children’s pattern for my son, he loves them but he’d need them to be a hut higher at the back, maybe a boot style or a cuff at the ankle.
Certainly an exciting idea. I don’t have any yarn for them either so it will be a plan for a future project once I find pattern and yarn.
You’ve inspired me, so thank you :blush:

Wow – what a change!

1 Like