So for a swap I decided to attempt a few new knitting techniques, namely dying yarn and felting an object. Following are a few pix of the finished object, a travel knitting needle case for my swap partner’s DPNs (which is what she knits with most of the time). A couple of her noted fave colors were aqua and pink (hence the color choices for this case…the pix of the case closed up is the correct color - my camera and I weren’t getting along very well so other pix are “off” on the colors)
I realize I should have felted it a little more as you can still see some of the stitches on the finished product but I chickened out AND was running out of time so… overall I’m quite happy with the end result. Just wanted to share with all you guys.
A few more pix and stuff regarding this project can be seen on my blog (second post on page one under the sharing of our nightmare story about my 3yo DD’s playing beauty shop… yup… you know where that story is going alright…)