February MagKnits

February Magknits is up. Peekaboo mittens are kinda smart, Invested is kinda cute, too. http://www.magknits.com

I like those socks!! Very pretty pattern!! :heart:

Actually, though, I wonder if the socks don’t slip down. There’s no ribbing at the top. :shrug:

[color=blue]Thank you! :hug: those mittens are perfect! I have searched for just the right mitten recipe! :cheering: Now I want to go home and get started!

anne [/color]

I MUST make those peekaboo mittens!!

I love the “invested” vest. It is going on my todo list.

I’m digging the hat! It will be so cute with the WOTA over-sweater I’m making!

[color=green]This post’s Swedish word/phrase: “Jag ska sticka Peekaboo vatnar till mig själv och till min syster” = “I will knit Peekaboo mittens for myself and for my sister”
_____[/color]

I :heart: the Peekaboo mittens and have decided to make myself a pair in Malabrigo.

I think I’ll make my sister a pair too. And maybe add some Kid Silk to them for extra fuzziness… :shrug: :heart:

[color=blue]Anna,
I think I am having a brain mush moment. The pattern says that it is written for the larger gauge version with smaller in parentheses… :?? Isn’t it the opposite? I am having a bit of a strange morning so anything is possible lol.

anne [/color]

No, it’s as they say, the smaller guage is using smaller needles, so you would need to cast on more stitches.

Larger gauge version: 16 sts and 24 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stockinette
Smaller gauge version: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stockinette

if you wanted to do a 30cm large guage, you would only need 48 stitches, but to do a 30cm small guage, you would need 60 stitches.

No, it’s as they say, the smaller guage is using smaller needles, so you would need to cast on more stitches.

Larger gauge version: 16 sts and 24 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stockinette
Smaller gauge version: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stockinette

if you wanted to do a 30cm large guage, you would only need 48 stitches, but to do a 30cm small guage, you would need 60 stitches.[/quote]

[color=blue]I knew it! I feel so dumb. :oops: lol… thank you for helping me out of my mush brain moment. :hug:
anne[/color]

I think I’m going to make Modello Giuditta for my niece’s birthday, coming up in a couple of weeks. I think it is so cute, though I don’t like the colour choices in the pic. I’m going to make mine out of a solid, slightly heathered grapey purple that I have.

You could put ribbing on the top! I think they’re purty!

Welcome, Megan!! So glad you stopped in. I believe Ingrid did actually knit some of the Peekaboo mittens & sent them off as a gift to her sister!

Thanks for the link; I kinda like the pattern too, and may make some for myself.

sue