Fast scarf that isn't drop stitch?

I’m looking for a fast knit, possibly lacy type but with worsted type scarf, that isn’t a drop-stitch style, I just don’t care for that look. Any ideas?

[color=blue]Kristen,
What about this one?
Cameo Scarf

I am going to start it after Christmas :cheering:

Happy Holidays!
anne [/color]

Eve’s rib with large needles will produce a lacy fabric. I used size 11 needles.
I like to add 2 stitches so I can slip the first stitch of each row and knit the last. If you do this, you’ll k 4 at the end of row 1 and k2 at the end of row 2.

Eve’s Rib
Cast on in multiples of 4.

Row 1: *knit three, bring yarn forward, slip stitch as if to purl, bring yarn back, repeat pattern from *, end with knit three (Or knit 4 for slip stitch edge).

Row 2: knit one, bring yarn forward, slip stitch as if to purl, bring yarn back, *knit three, bring yarn forward, slip stitch as if to purl, bring yarn back, repeat pattern from *, end with knit one (or knit 2 for slip stitch edge).

I just finished a My So Called Scarf – it was pretty quick and it shows off variegated yarn so nicely! I used bulky yarn on US15 needles…it makes a really thick fabric so I think if I’d used worsted I still would have done it on pretty big needles, US10-11. It’s a 2-row repeat, very easy to memorize and knit on the run. :smiley:

Julie, I just love the little white hat with the earflaps you posted in your picture. Do you have the pattern you can share with us?

Thanks in advance.

Mimi

Mimi, it’s the little pattern that could! My blog gets hundreds of hits every day, all for this pattern: Basic Earflap Hat :smiley:

If you read through the comments there are tips on making it in different sizes/with different weights of yarn…but if you have a question you don’t see answered, feel free to PM me. :smiley: