This pattern was a very quick and easy knit. I started it yesterday and finished it this morning. We have similar hats at work and I admired them, but thought “I can knit that and make it better!”. So here is my “Fall Beret” which is actually from a pattern called Spring Beret (available on Ravelry as a free download). It was originally made in cotton, but a cotton beret would be fairly impractical in Canada in the fall.
I used Moda Dea Washable Wool in black and size 8 and 9 circular needles. I used DPNs to do the decreases on top as I thought it would be easier than what the pattern suggested (a variation on Magic Loop, which I have never done).
Check out some of the photos on Ravelry for a better idea of what the actual pattern looks like. The black yarn doesn’t show off the pretty leaf pattern very well.
Please excuse the self taken photos, I was home alone!