Exciting News: New job!

So I was visiting friends Friday and Saturday up in the QC and in the morning I went out to apply for jobs so I can start as soon as possible after I move up to college. I put in several applications when I stopped at Hancock Fabrics.
The woman at the register gave me an application and directed me to fill it out and give it to the manager. One of the questions was “What have you created recently?” and I mentioned that I knit and sew both. The manager looked over it briefly and mentioned, "Oh good, you knit, we need someone who can knit!"
We discussed the hours that I have available, and then she said, “OK, I think I’m going to go ahead and hire you. Come in one that first monday and we’ll get the paperwork in order.”
:woohoo: I got a job at a craft store! Hired on-the-spot! So excited!


Way to go! :thumbsup:

Wow! Talk about being in the right place at the right time!




Yeah! So happy for you – it’s wonderful how things worked out!


To be hired on the spot is amazing! You must have really wowed this person.


Oooh, and you will be getting a discount. I love Hancock’s but they closed the stores that are close to me.

Thanks all. Debkcs - I must be an amazing person, lol, because my last boss pretty much hired me on the spot too. I kid you not, 90% of my interview was “so you’ve been dogsledding… what’s that like?” and the other 10% was "when can you start?"
Granted in that case one of my co-workers lived on my old paper route and told the boss I was a good choice. I don’t think I’d have the guts to hire someone on first sight, myself.
I do get a 20% discount. I’m thrilled about that! I want to make myself a bag for my cameras and now I’ll maybe even be able to afford a small sewing machine!

It is good to have a degree in Knitting!!! :roflhard: Congratulations!!!

When you said you were up in the “QC” visiting, did you mean “Quad Cities” in Illinois???

My Mother in Law works at the Hancock Fabric there, it would be a weird coincidence!!!

Congrats! She loves working there!

Iowa actually. But yes.
Wierd coincidence!

Congratulations!:woohoo: Just don’t spend your whole paycheck taking advantage of the awesome discount:teehee: (That’s what I did!)

Too weird! I’m so glad you found a great place to work!

I read these boards all the time and never think anyone is anywhere near me!!!

Good luck!!

Can you have your pay direct deposited? This way it shows up in the bank before being returned to Hancock Fabrics.


Sounds like you found the ideal job. Good luck.