Evil Purl increase

Hello everyone , I m new.

I’ve have a new pattern that I’m doing and I’m getting to a purl side increase, which I have NEVER be able to do!
It is the evil purl increase of hell to me. :frog:
I need a really easy way to do it, please help.

Welcome!

Well, you can purl in the front and back of the stitch, scroll down on this page http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knitting-glossary .

You can also M1 purlwise where you lift the bar between stitches from back to front and purl into the front of it.

Is there a specific increase that you’re looking at?

They’re just trickier because you don’t usually inc in purl that often. So it’s going to be awkward, but you’ll get it.

thank you , I managed to do it last night looks really good:woot:
I having trouble with this part of the pattern, I wonder if someone could explain it each row at a time:

Worked from the bottom to the neck in stockinette stitch.
With CC1, CO 10 sts. P 1 row.
Increase Row [RS]: K1, m1, k to last st, m1, k1.
Work one row even.
Work these 2 rows twice more.
Work Increase Row.
Work 3 rows even.
Work Increase Row once more. 20 sts.
P 2 rows. The single row that is purled on the RS forms the fold line that separates the bottom from the stomach.
Work 7 rows even.
Increase Row [RS]: [K4, m1] to last 4 sts k4. 24 sts|
P 1 row.

I am trying to knit a penguin, and this is the start of hi tummy but I can’t understand the pattern very well

Take it one step at at time…

CO 10 sts. P 1 row.
Increase Row [RS]: K1, m1, k to last st, m1, k1.
Work one row even. [COLOR=Teal]That means no increases[/COLOR]
Work these 2 rows twice more. [COLOR=Teal]Do an inc row and plain row 2 more times - you’d be on row 7[/COLOR]
Work Increase Row. [COLOR=Teal]Knit another increase row[/COLOR]
Work 3 rows even. [COLOR=Teal]Three more rows with no increases[/COLOR]
Work Increase Row once more. 20 sts. [COLOR=Teal]You now have 20 sts.[/COLOR]

P 2 rows. The single row that is purled on the RS forms the fold line that separates the bottom from the stomach.
[COLOR=Teal]You’ve been doing stockinette, so one of these 2 purl rows will be on the RS. That indicates where the piece will be folded up later on.[/COLOR]
Work 7 rows even. [COLOR=Teal]7 rows of plain stockinette, no increases[/COLOR]
Increase Row [RS]: [K4, m1] to last 4 sts k4. 24 sts|
P 1 row.

Hope that helped.

Thank you so much I kept getting stuck on this bit. I’m going to have a go tomorrow, as the cat keep attacking my knitting today and I’ve had to give up.