'Every other row' advice

Hi
I am knitting a pattern which states:
’(RS)K1, skp, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
P 1 row straight.
Rep last 2 rows 3 times more.
Cont to dec every other RS row twice more - 49 (53, 59, 65) sts’.

The part I’m a little unsure of is the last sentence, Does this mean generally every other row, or every other RIGHT SIDE row.
Hope this makes sense.

"(RS)K1, skp, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1.
P 1 row straight."
These directions are every other row.

"Cont to dec every other RS row twice more"
These directions are every other RS row.

So would I do an even knit row, then purl, decrease knit row, purl even knit, purl, decrease knit row, purl?

Or decrease knit, purl, decrease knit, purl?

Your first suggestion: decrease knit row, purl even knit, purl, decrease knit row, purl

Thank you!
Are you able to help with another part of the pattern?

‘Shape Neck
NR (RS) - K17 (18, 20, 22) sts, Turn, on these sts only.
Cast off 3sts beg next 3 WS rows.
Cast off rem 8 (9, 11, 13) sts for shoulder.’

Bit confused about what to do.

Sounds like you’re progressing right along. Great.
Take these directions step by step. You’re going to work on one shoulder first and then maybe bind off or hold some center sts before working on the other shoulder.
Knit (RS row) the sts given for your size then turn as you would at the end of a row. Don’t worry about the sts remaining on the left needle. You’ll get to them later. On the WS row, bind off 3sts and work to the end of the row (the armhole side). Knit across the RS row, tum, bind off 3sts and finish the WS row. Repeat these last 2 rows once more, then turn to the RS row and cast off remaining sts.

Thank you so much! Have done this part now, you made it much clearer.
The next part is this:
'Return to rem sts, slip next 15 (17, 19, 21) sts to holder for centre Back neck, rejoin yarn and work 2nd half to match first, reversing shaping.'
How does this part work? Sorry to ask you again

That’s ok. Glad you were able to work the first shoulder.
Now slip the center sts to a holder, rejoin an end of yarn and knit across the rest of the RS row, turn, work back to the neck edge. Turn to the RS, bind off 3sts, finish the row, turn and work the WS row. Repeat these 2 rows twice more, then bind off the remaining sts for the shoulder.

Thank you!