I just can’t seem to get this stupid hat started. It isn’t any one thing, I think I’m just all thumbs today.
I had to cast it on three times before I got that right. I measured out what should have been enough yarn to cast on 120 stitches and ran out of tail right around 80. I tried again, adding more to it, and somehow or other wound up with a couple of yarn overs in the middle instead of knit cast on stitches. No idea how I managed that one.
The third time I finally got it cast on correctly and joined. I knit the first five rows, did the cable row, and 4 more rows beyond that before I noticed a huge hole at one point. Argh!
It looked like I had dropped a stitch or something but a quick count showed the right number of stitches. I have no idea what I did to create that huge hole. I frogged the thing and cast on yet again.
I’m just having a bad knitting day I guess.