Evenly across row

I’ve been a knitter for years but have never tried anything more difficult that knit a row, purl a row. I am trying to knit a hat now, and I’m stuck. It says to include 12 stitched evenly across last row. Can anyone translate this for? Does it mean to disperse them throughout the row or add them all at the end or the beginning? This is a very important project - it’s for someone who’s having chemo treatments and I want it to be perfect. Please help!
Jeni

I’m not sure what you mean. You mean 12 increases or decreases evenly across the row?

If you have a link to the pattern it always helps when asking questions. :thumbsup:

It means to place your 12 increased stitches evenly across the row. Take how many stitches you have on your needles then divide by the 12 increases and that will give you a rough number to work with. Or you could go to this site: http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/tools/IncreaseEvenlySpace.html

She has a calculator that will figure out evenly spaced increase and one for decreases.

Thanks so much for your help, that’s exactly what I needed. Now, on to the second part of this industrious pattern.

Inc means increase, not include. You space them evenly across the row.