Errors in pattern? (aka Huh?)

I’m working on the Corset-T from Knitty Gritty. I’ve gotten to the ribbing and I’m kind of stumped. Now I know my math is rusty, but does this sound right to anyone else?

Next row (WS): K4, sm, p 29 sts, cast on 38 sts, purl next 57 sts, cast on 38 sts, purl next 29 sts, sm, k4 - 197 sts rem total.

Because when I add that up, it comes out to 199 sts. Which interestingly enough, is the number of stitches I have. Also, the next steps are…

Next row (RS): k4, sm, (k2, p2) rep to 2 sts before next marker, k2, sm, k4.
Next row (WS): K4, sm, (p2, k2) rep to 2 sts before next marker, p2, sm, k2

Now if it’s a k2, p2 rib with k4 on each end (at least, I think that last one should be k4 instead of k2), shouldn’t it be an even number of stitches? What the heck am I supposed to do here?

I get 199, also. I’d assume the 197 is a typo and move on. :shrug:

The evens don’t make much sense, though.

Is there an errata page for the pattern?

Not that I can find. That pattern is from the DIY network site. It was on an episode of Knitty Gritty. So what should I do with the extra stitch? Should I just p1 when I get to the end (before the k4) and k1 on the next row (after the k4)? Or should I get rid of the stitch somewhere?

Is it Annie Modesitt’s pattern? It may also be on her website, and/or have corrections for it there.

sue

It is, but I couldn’t find anything about it.