Equivalent terminology?

Are the following terms equivalent:

Shaker knitting = brioche?

kitchener cast on = tubular cast on?

knitting lace = tatting?

i think tatting is a method of making lace; one that isn’t exclusive to knitting, per se.

hope that helps! (not sure about the others.)

Shaker knitting builds on the brioche stitch

I would tend not to call tatting, knitting lace, simply because you are using a shuttle and not a knitting needle form as such but nobones is the expert here on this and so many offer more qualified comments.

Don’t know re kitchener. Amy has a video on that here so does she use the terms interchangeably?

A kitchener and tubular CO might be the same; have never done either one, but from descriptions they’re similar.