Eor?!

I would really like to make the “Felted Furry Foot Warmers” for my niece for Christmas, but I’m perusing the pattern and I just don’t get it!!

My main problem right now is this:

"Dec 1 st from each edge of next row, then EOR once.

Next (turning) row (WS): K.

Inc 1 st from each edge of next row, then EOR once.

Work in St st until piece measures 13 1/2" from turning row, ending in RS facing.

…"

Every other row once? What does that mean? Does this make sense to anyone?! :??

Any help would be amazing.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!! :muah:

If you are using the book SnB nation then I read somewhere that the abbreviations are on page 32. I don’t know if this helps

I am going to guess Every Other Row…?

Thanks for your responses!

You are right. I’m sure that its every other row… but what do I do every other row? It says “…EOR once.” In addition to me not understanding what it wants me to do once every other row, it goes on to give instructions for the next row anyhoo… I thought that it wanted me to decrease one stitch "EOR, " but the row after the next says to increase “EOR.” It just doesn’t make sense!

I hate when this happens. I feel like it should be simple and that most people will look at the pattern and not give it a second thought, but I’m just not comprehending. :cry:

Does anyone have the SnB Nation book? The directions are on page 194 under “sole.” Any help anyone can give would make me eternally grateful.

It says: “Dec 1 st from each edge of next row, then EOR once.”

So you dec 1 stitch at both edges of the next row, then every other row once. Which would be the 2nd row after your first dec row. Then do the K row, then the inc rows in the same way. This is for the hem, but I don’t see a lot of point to it, though it may be to keep the actual hemline from flaring out after you turn it up. Why not just skip the dec/inc and see how it turns out.

Do you suppose that I should skip only the one increase/decreases, or should I skip them all when they seem to “undo” themselves within a row or 2.

If I were to do it with the increases, would it go like this?:

1: Dec 1 st on each end (total of 2)
2: Dec one in the row (total of 1)
3: Inc 1 st at the end of each row (total of 2)
4: Inc 1 st in the row (total of 1)
Work in St st to the end no inc/dec

OR

Repeat these 4 rows for 13.5 in. ??

OR

Once I do these 4 steps, should I being inc/dec 1 on opposite rows?

OR

Should I succumb to my knitting comprehension abilities and just go BUY a pair of slippers??

If you’re going to do the decs/incs go with option one. I wouldn’t do “Repeat these 4 rows for 13.5 in. ??” at all. I hope someone else has made these, I haven’t…

Just so things are more clear for future users, I believe the pattern called for is:

1: Dec 1 st on each end (total of 2)
2: Dec one in the row (total of 1)
3: Dec one in the row (total of 1)
4: Inc 1 st at the end of each row (total of 2)
5: Inc 1 st in the row (total of 1)
6: Inc 1 st in the row (total of 1)
Work in St st to the end no inc/dec

Each “EOR once each” involves TWO rows of increases/decreases. So you inc/dec at the end of each row, front and back, once. Hope that helps clarify!

snork. Here I was, all excited because I thought you’d found a donkey pattern.

I learn something new almost every day on this forum. LOL