Entrelac tote pattern question

I’m stuck on the directions for one row in this tote bag pattern from Knit Picks. The directions say "Pick up and knit together with the stitch on the left needle and the bar from the last knit round."
I have no idea what this means> Please help!! :??

bump

I see that your response seems like a non-response to my question. The same info has been posted to 4 other people, too. Is this considered spam or is the answer to my question in one of the links you sent? What does bump mean?

All I did was bump the question up so that it could be seen again. Often people only notice the first few posts on a board. Your question hadn’t been answered, so I bumped it up so that hopefully someone will see it and be able to answer.

Thank you. I’m a relative neophyte with the jargon. I appreciate you’re efforts to help. :cheering:

You are very welcome… now if we could only find someone that can actually help with the question! :rollseyes: :roflhard:

What were the directions directly preceeding this instruction?

I’m at the end of the tote base section and just finished purling 4 rows. Then the directions say “next round,” and that’s the part I’m asking for help with. What follows then, is the section for finishing the bottom of the bag, which I understand.

Is this a pattern that you can link to?

The bar from the last knit round would be four rows down, I think.

I can see knitting this together with the stitch on the left needle, but I don’t know what you’re supposed to pick up.

If it said to pick up the bar from the last knit round and knit it together with the stitch on the left needle, I get it.

I don’t know, though, with the way it’s written, what else you’re supposed to pick up. :thinking:

Maybe they didn’t mean the last KNIT round. Maybe it means to pick up the bar from the row below (like a M1) and knit that together with the stitch on the left needle.

Both suggestions are plausible. If I pick up from the last knit row (4 rows above) it will make a kind of “lip.” Maybe this is intended as a base for the tote?
If I take from the row above it will do the same thing on a smaller scale.

This sounds quite plausible, especially if you’re working a mock corner stitch. :thinking: