Entrelac : Picking Up Stiches After Decreasing Side Triangle

I have a question that I’m hoping someone could answer. I’m trying out my first entrelac/garterlac project; I’m sure everyone’s seen this project: http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html

I have been doing okay (some slight problems, but I’m learning), and I’ve just now completed my first decreasing side triangle. The directions tell me to transfer the one remaining stitch to my right needle, so all of my stitches are on my right needle. I’m supposed to pick up an additional 7 stitches, but I can’t for the life of me figure out where these are supposed to come from.

The simplest place would be from the top of this new triangle, but it seems to me that that would only lengthen the piece more, which shouldn’t be happening any longer.

The only other way I can imagine this being done is the row between my decreased side triangle and the closest square, but picking up stitches there would twist the work, right?

I know I must be making this about 500% more complicated that it needs to be…

ok the last triangle looks like this /|
there hould be slipped stitches on the edge that looks like /
the other edge is the outside edge
with the last loop transfered to the R needle
yu just pick up the back loops from those neat stitches on the side that slants like /
then you will knit from those stitches as if they were Oriented like this ___

once you have picked them up and you knit or purl them down the slant you will be connecting with the loops from a different Block from the previous row/set

ecb

The instructions told me to transfer the stitch to the right needle before picking up the new stitches… it seems like I’d need to pick up the stitches, and then transfer???

Transfer (slip) just that remaining stitch to the right needle and pick up below it. Then you SSK/SKP at the end to join with the squar.

sue