Einstein coat yarn and size

I still consider myself a novice but after making and giving away tons of hats and scarves, I really want to make something for myself. Not a hat! Not a scarf! I want to make the Einstein coat but am pondering over what yarn to choose. I am afraid the specified Lopi will be too scratchy for me but haven’t ruled it out. Am considering the Brown Sheep Company’s Lamb’s Pride Bulky, which has 15% mohair…will that be itchy,too? Another yarn I am considering is Debbie Bliss Donegal Chunky Tweed. Seems it might be a bit “stiff.” ?? Manos de Ureguay looks gorgeous, but I don’t think it is considered “bulky” as specified for the pattern. ??? I think I have read every thread regarding this coat, including the KAL, and I still can’t make up my mind! From comments there, I am hoping to choose a yarn that won’t have tendency to stretch (I read that the coat can “grow” longer than planned). I am about a size 8, 5 ft. 4" ht. Will the size Small be right? Would appreciate any opinions! This will be a big time challenge for me, so I hope I can make the right decision. Thanks for any input!!

Look at the yarn weight and gauge and try to match it. That’s your best bet for substituting yarns. Also… there is a search function right above the ad that you can use to search the forum. (Not the one at the top) I think there are a lot of threads on the Einstein coat that might help, too.