eBay blunder

I would LOVE that black bag. I posted on the sale thread.

I’ve been a Neil Gaiman fan since I read the Sandman series. Not so much for Terry Pratchett. A friend of mine loved him and was going on about his books so I picked some up from the library and just couldn’t get into them.

I was dropping DH off at the airport last month (he’s going to be deployed soon so me and DD are staying with my family). He’s NOT a reader. Only reads maybe one book a year. But I decided to pick up 2 copies of the same book at one of the airport gift shops. That way we could read it together and talk about it over the phone. When I saw the Neil Gaiman book, that was the one I had to pick. DH read it quicker than I did. That really shocked us both. So I figured since he was so into it, I would try to encourage his reading. I think 15 books should be enough encouragement.

Now if only he’d let me teach him to knit. :teehee:

I’ve been a Neil Gaiman fan since I read the Sandman series. Not so much for Terry Pratchett. A friend of mine loved him and was going on about his books so I picked some up from the library and just couldn’t get into them.

I was dropping DH off at the airport last month (he’s going to be deployed soon so me and DD are staying with my family). He’s NOT a reader. Only reads maybe one book a year. But I decided to pick up 2 copies of the same book at one of the airport gift shops. That way we could read it together and talk about it over the phone. When I saw the Neil Gaiman book, that was the one I had to pick. DH read it quicker than I did. That really shocked us both. So I figured since he was so into it, I would try to encourage his reading. I think 15 books should be enough encouragement.

Now if only he’d let me teach him to knit. :teehee:[/quote]

:teehee: I like Terry Pratchett because he’s funny. And I love how he pokes fun at modern society. He lampoons affirmative action by making the Ankh-Morpork Watch hire a dwarf, a troll, and a woman. It’s wonderful. But it’s not for everyone.

I also love Neil Gaiman, so Good Omens was just wonderful for me. I have all but one of the Sandman trades, and I got the Absolute Sandman vol 1 this past fall. :happydance: It’s so beautiful. I have almost all his books, but I haven’t picked up Fragile Things yet (his new short story collection.) I lent the last one, Smoke & Mirrors out to a camp friend from England, who took it with him at the end of camp on a road-trip of the US, then gave it to another camp friend, from Australia, who was on the road-trip with him. Then she came up to visit me at school in Boston after and returned it to me. They both loved it, and my copy has been to more states than I have. :rofl: