Durrow Cable

I’m trying to knit the Durrow Cable by girlfromauntie.

It says to cast on 15 sts and you actually increase 12 (making it 27 instead of the allotted 23). It has double increases on rows 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.

What am I doing wrong?

Here’s a link to the pattern. I don’t see anywhere you CO 15 sts or where you increase as you describe. What part of the pattern are you?

It’s actually a completely different pattern. I would have posted a link but I’m not aloud to since I’m a new person. It’s a cable pattern and I’m trying to figure out a way to make a scarf incorporating said cable.

http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/durrow-cable/#more-54

Oh just the cable pattern. Okay, you do the increases, but then decrease later. I’m not too good at reading cable patterns, maybe someone else can help you out.

But the ‘no stitch’ boxes mean ‘there’s no stitch on your needle here’ so you skip the box and do the next st according to what’s in the next box. They’re there to account for the new sts you get with the increases.

So on R1, you p12, inc, p2; the row 2 is k2, p1, inc, p1, k12. I don’t know what you’re doing wrong… What happens - do you have too many sts or what?

I do know how to read cable patterns, and it states in the blog post to cast on 15 sts and the |-| and -|- are double increases.

make 2 (right side): k1, k1b into the same stitch; then pick up the vertical strand running downwards between these two stitches just made, twist and knit
make 2 (wrong side): p1, k1, p1 into the same stitch

The problem is the boxes over on the right. Suddenly over on row 3, 4sts disappear. There’s no decrease in rows1-2 but the “no stitch” boxes are there in the next row. Perhaps it is an error in the patterns and it should be cast on 11sts. Then the no stitch boxes on the right should be present in rows 1 and 2, that is from the beginning of the pattern.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks

Ahhh, that could explain it.

Snazzy Butterfly, why don’t you email the blogger and ask for clarification on those rows? Also take a look at the projects for it on Ravelry; some of the people posted notes which may help you. There’s a couple people who posted in the comments section on the same problem you’re running into. The designer usually replies back so if you contact her by pm, she’ll probably respond. Apparently there is an error in the chart.