Dumb Magic Loop Question

I’m making my first pair of socks with magic loop, top down, and I have completed the heel and have begun the gusset.

I am having a terrible time trying to work around the sock for the decreases. I’m not sure if there’s an easier way to do this or a better way to divide the stitches. Right now I am working a section, then sliding the stitches back down, repositioning and then continuing to knit.

It just seems like it’s very difficult to maneuver in this way. What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-Karin

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Are you doing two at once or only one?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]If two at once, this link[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]http://www.knitaddicted.com/files/MagicLoop.pdf[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]tells how to move them so that you have one side of the sock on one half of the circular, and the other side on the second half. It looked too complicated for me, so I just struggled on until the decreases took me back to the original equal number on insole needle and instep needle.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]****[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Now, when I tried [U]one[/U] sock only, on the MagicLoop method, I moved the stitches around, after picking up the gusset stitches, so that I pulled the loop out at the beginning of round; that way, half of the sock was on one side and half on the other. Did I just confuse you more?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]