Drops Design pattern - December Bloom

Question is: … This is a top down pullover sweater. ….work 1 round, then work rib in the round (knit 1 twisted, purl 1). Most directions tell you to knit into the back of the knit and into the back of the purl for a twisted rib. This only says to twist the knit. HELP, please!
The pattern also reads (when increasing stitches, “Now increase every other purl 1 to Purl 2.” From the Increase Tip 1 section.

One of a group of Drops patterns including hat and cardigan.

This is just another way of working a twisted rib. Perhaps the designer didn’t want it tightened up as much as twisting both knit and purl sts. It’s certainly a lovely stitch pattern and sweater.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Lately, I seem to be questioning everything.
I edited the question a minute ago - can you look at that part, as that may explain why I only twist the knit stitch.

Yes, that increase probably factors in as well. It’s like working a Make one where the previous round’s yarn overs have given you a bit more yarn to work with. Nice.

Thanks again!

Wendy-Lynne MacKinnon

T. 250-499-2065, ext. 142

C. 250-741-8208

”Attitude is the paint brush that colours your life!”

You’re very welcome.
It might be best to remove your contact information from your post. There are all kinds of bots roaming the internet looking for such information. You can use the pencil icon to the lower right of the post to edit.
Enjoy your knitting!

Thanks for the tip on how to stay safe.

Wendy-Lynne MacKinnon